Friday, July 30, 2010

So THIS is what my previously bracefaced friends used to talk about... I was wondering when I might experience this dreaded pain. My mouth feels similar to how it felt when I had spacers-- extremely tight and cramped. dull achy pain- unless I accidentally hit my mouth or chew- at which point the pain becomes more striking. ow.

no pain, no gain!

My thoughts regarding pain borderline masochism (except not really. haha masochists find pleasure in pain...I'm just being optimistic)- I like the pain. I know this is pushing me ever closer to my final goal of correct bite and beautiful smile.

Anyhoo.. moving on to the cause of this pain. Today I went to the orthodontist, knowing it'd be a big day and an exciting one, too. I've been waiting for that stubborn canine to come down and anxious to put something on it to bring it down. Sure enough, the orhtodontist..
-replaced both archwires. i can definitely feel and see a larger size/thickness on my bottom teeth.
-attached the bottom archwire to my back molars. it feels so weird/ now i have two more sections to thread the floss!
-replaced the spring in front of my canine tooth with another, tighter spring.
-attached a button to the lil' front tip of my top canine tooth! yay!! (took two tries to make it work! ..now I have some pesky, pointy glue still on the back of the canine from attempt no. 1)
-tied new canine button to spring/archwire with you guessed it-- more wire! ..of course, this is making the canine area super sensitive. pulling a tooth into place is not an easy- or I suspect comfortable- task!
-..and I still have to wear elastics in the same area/configuration (except I'm back to parrot bands..not sure if that's an upgrade or downgrade from quail bands..)

...progress is being made. :) the pain may last a few days--but the result/gorgeous smile/perfect bite will last forever! ..or at least many, many years! haha

2 comments:

  1. TRUE GIRL! Great Attitude! Keep it up- trust me it's gonna fly by, and you are gonna look fab! :)

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is ove 10000000000% WORTH IT! I can't stop looking at my profile! :)

    (That's my response to your poll. ha.)

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete