Thursday, May 27, 2010

Progress!


Wow! My bite is looking more and more beautiful every day! I'm super pleased and amazed by these little metal brackets, wires, and springs on my teeth! I apologize for neglecting to update this blog for such a long time. The normal suspects (school, work, boyfriend, family, friends, and other important things) have been consuming my time to the point where this blog has been last priority-- for good reason, too! I haven't had any major complications or pain! woot woot! Since my last update:
- I swallowed a bracket! *gasp!* It wasn't connected to the archwire. I didn't notice eating or swallowing eat with my pb&j sandwich during lunch..but I know it must have happened during lunch. I realized it when I replaced my rubberbands after lunch. I always feel the brackets with my tongue to make sure I put the rubberbands on correctly. So far, I haven't suffered any major (or minor) complications from swallowing the bracket. The orthodontist said it should "pass normally." S'pose it did! haha!
- I'm still trying to make room for that top canine. If a press a piece of hard candy/mint or my tongue against the space- I think I can feel it there..it exists! Just gotta get it to come down! I really don't want an oral surgeon to have to "uncover" it! Please come down on your own canine , pretty pretty pleeeasse!
-During my last visit to the orthodontist- I was freed of rubberband wearing responsibilities! Apparently, I had worn them so well, my teeth were nearly over-corrected! (I could tell by the time of my appt, as my bite was feeling a bit off-- off more than usual!) Not putting in rubberbands after eating/taking them out before eating seemed quite strange for a while. haha Constantly wearing rubberbands had become routine/habit to me...
-During my last visit, the 'dontist had to take off a bracket and put on a different one. Removing the bracket proved to be problematic. She pried, scraped, and pulled at the glue that held the bracket on for quite some time. It began to hurt with each dreaded attempt to scrape the glue off my tooth. Finally, my orthodontist used a "sanding" tool to "sand" down the glue. When I got home, I noticed a small divot on that tooth from the failed attempts to pry off the glue. I've been certain to thoroughly brush that area of the tooth, in hopes that it doesn't turn into a cavity.
- As I previously stated, my bite is coming along well! It almost looks as though my underbite is somewhat disappearing (it's still obvious that my bone structure supports an underbite)...but my teeth still don't come together- especially in the front.
-Recently, the inside of my right cheek has been a little sore. All of the springs, hooks, and brackets are constantly agitating my mouth on that side. The inside of my cheek keeps snagging and rubbing against all of the metal. Hopefully, the sores will clear up soon.

While there is still lots of dental work to be done, I think my mouth situation is progressing nicely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment